What We Do
Pathologists are physicians who specialize in diagnosing and monitoring disease based on the microscopic analysis of tissues, cells and bodily fluids. All our pathologists are board certified in anatomic and/or clinical pathology; members of the team are also certified in subspecialties, including dermatopathology and cytopathology. Although they often work behind the scenes, pathologists are a critical part of the healthcare team.
Services We Perform
Our pathologists use WESTMED Medical Group’s full-service clinical and anatomic pathology laboratories to perform tests related to numerous illnesses, including cancer, heart and blood conditions, liver disease, endocrine disorders and infectious diseases. Our specialists’ areas of expertise include:
- Fine-needle aspiration of tumors
- Preparation and interpretation of Pap tests
- Diagnosis and monitoring of skin diseases
- The use of special stains and techniques to diagnose HPV, including strains that may be associated with increased risk of cervical cancer
- Advanced testing for sexually transmitted diseases
Why We Are Different
Our board-certified pathologists have more than 40 years of collective experience. They work in our state-of-the-art, CLIA-certified laboratories, using the most advanced technologies available. Our labs are computerized, allowing for test results to be sent quickly to patients’ electronic medical records. Abnormal test results are always delivered immediately to physicians.